Transcom is looking for talented individuals like you to join our awesome team! Be a Senior Tax Specialist for North America for our Transcom Pasig site. This role is responsible for Transcom Canada and USA Payroll Tax policy standards. Ensures the company’s adherence to all payroll related local, state, provincial, federal, and other applicable tax laws and procedures like company registration for payroll tax jurisdictions. Conducts regular audits and manages payroll tax records. Finds solutions to payroll tax irregularities by gathering and analyzing data and performing modifications.
Join our Transcom Family as a Senior Tax Specialist for North America:
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with North America payroll tax reporting and withholding responsibilities.
- Process timely reporting to the internal stakeholders, IRS, and other jurisdictions and agencies including New Hires, Bureau Labor Statistics, and Multi-Site Reporting.
- Registration of new employment tax jurisdictions and timely ID and rate changes in the payroll system.Ensure customer service excellence is consistently provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Stays current on legislative and industry changes that affect USA and Canada payroll tax withholding, remittance and filing obligations
- Schedule required files and reports weekly to process in HRMS.
- Monthly tax update testing, validation, and documentation of results.
- Assists with all quarterly and year-end activities including balancing, reporting, administration and timely and accurate issuance of yearend tax reports.
- Responds timely to tax notifications, employer and employee tax related concerns and requests.
- Ensure customer service excellence is consistently provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports CFO, Accounting Manager, Payroll and HRBP with all tax related aspects in North America.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisors.
- Support benefits administration and tax risk management.
- Manage state/provincial compliance and insurance piece, both regular and worker’s compensation.
- Control over local, state, county, province and nationwide taxes.
- Tax withholding expertise. Handles tax related inquiries from employees and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and review tax agency update on pay check compliance. Coordinate with payroll what changes is required and manages employee tax level changes.
- Audit paid position with no payroll history transaction every payroll processing.
- Manage worker’s compensation, reemployment tax and wage audit, reporting and agency submission.
- Reviews and manage agency notices related to penalty and interests and employment tax rate changes.
- Ad hoc analysis, reporting and support of the business.
- Complete other duties at the discretion of management, supervisor or manager and all other duties and tasks as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- College degree (negotiable as long as there is a solid US and Canada Payroll and Benefits experience)
- Preferably with knowledge in accounting but not a requirement.
- Work experience related to US and Canada payroll, employee and employer tax.
- Yearend and quarter end tax processing experience.
- Agency notice management, logins and coordination.
- Experience in state, province and national taxes and insurances in US
- Background in SAP, ADP WorkforceNow and ADP MyKPlan and other Payroll, Benefits and Tax software
- Employee/client relations experience
- Experience working independently and with multi-functional teams and collaborating with team members at all levels.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, analytical and process development skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- US and Canada tax expertise
What's in it for YOU
Driven by our "Malasakit" culture, we make certain that our team members are well-cared for. Hence we are proving these employee benefits, which you'll be able to utilize once you join our team!
- Day 1 HMO
- Meal & Transportation Allowance
- Rice Subsidy
- Clothing Allowance
- 24/7 Teleconsult
- Free Psychologist Consultation
- In-house & Online Pharmacy
- Scholarship Program
- Retirement Fund
- Free Meal & Medicine (through Transcom’s Tap Card Rewards)
- Loyalty Incentives
- Accidental & Life Insurance
- Free Shuttle Service
What Life at Transcom is like
Transcom is a firm believer in putting people first. We have cultivated a culture of focusing on and caring for our employees, ensuring that they are provided with rewards, privileges, and amenities that are relevant, valuable, and easily available.
We are highly driven by our "Malasakit" culture. Transcom, in its very core, is all about an inclusive team that is focused on people. It all comes down to setting the bar for dignity, equality, and respect. It means that each one takes part in proactively shaping, cultivating, and building the company we want to work and live in. This is why genuine concern is so vital to us.