Transcom is looking for talented individuals like you to join our awesome team! Be the next Software Engineer for our Transcom Manila site.
Purpose of the position
- The software engineer is expected to support application development and deliver the expected solutions in time and to the quality expected. The applicant will show excellent analytical skills, knowledge of solid programming principles and broad knowledge of technologies and programming languages. The developer is expected to be able to design the application and functionalities based on the business description.
- The applicant is expected to work independently, with the coaching and support from the Senior Engineers
- Continuously update the best practices for our innovation developments
- Analyze business problems, develop technology solutions to these problems and manage the project through its life cycle
- Provide primary support for assigned systems and applications; provide backup support for other systems as needed.
- Work independently with limited support
- Supervise all application development phases, including testing and documentation
Required key skills (functional/technical)
- Customer Focus: Treat customers with respect, seek customer insight proactively, build relationships of trust with customers, and encourage customer focus amongst its team.
- Personal Development: Recognise own strengths and weaknesses, take responsibility for their own development and career, learn from mistakes, work on their developments needs, and seek self-insight from others.
- Functional & Technical Competence: Demonstrates operational procurement knowledge and experience. Hands on knowledge of procurement and/or supply chain processes. Attention to detail and approaches change positively
- Process Management: Drive business performance by timely and quality execution of finance processes and suggesting improvements in the same. Process oriented and delivery focused.
Required qualifications/experience (internal & external candidate)
- Intermediate Level Technical Skill Requirements (Web development)
- REST API
- WordPress (Can create custom plugin and themes)
- Google Cloud Platform
- AWS Platform
- Technical University degree
- Ability to quickly understand business processes
- Strong programming and OOP skills
- Proven experience with programming (preferable in Java / .NET (C#, VB, etc.)/ VBA / XML/ SQL) and respective software repositories
- Ability to analyze, understand business problems and express it in UML or other modelling language
- Strong analytical, communication and fluent English presentation skills
- Interest in and understanding of the business, its strategies, its people and its organisational structures
- Self-motivated with great initiative and highly independent; Enthusiastic and unprompted attitude for implementing and developing new applications
- Ability to work under pressure
- Has the ability to articulate issues and work with business leaders and senior management
What's in it for YOU
Driven by our "Malasakit" culture, we make certain that our team members are well-cared for. Hence we are proving these employee benefits, which you'll be able to utilize once you join our team!
- Day 1 HMO
- Meal & Transportation Allowance
- Rice Subsidy
- Clothing Allowance
- 24/7 Teleconsult
- Free Psychologist Consultation
- In-house & Online Pharmacy
- Scholarship Program
- Retirement Fund
- Free Meal & Medicine (through Transcom’s Tap Card Rewards)
- Loyalty Incentives
- Accidental & Life Insurance
- Free Shuttle Service
What Life at Transcom is like
Transcom is a firm believer in putting people first. We have cultivated a culture of focusing on and caring for our employees, ensuring that they are provided with rewards, privileges, and amenities that are relevant, valuable, and easily available.
We are highly driven by our "Malasakit" culture. Transcom, in its very core, is all about an inclusive team that is focused on people. It all comes down to setting the bar for dignity, equality, and respect. It means that each one takes part in proactively shaping, cultivating, and building the company we want to work and live in. This is why genuine concern is so vital to us.