S.O.S for Philippines - Transcom Poland answering the call
After Transcom Poland heard about the horrific natural disaster - Typhoon Haiyan – which struck Philippines in early November, we felt that we wanted to help those who were affected. An even bigger incentive to act is the fact that Transcom World Wide has three sites in The Philippines as well as IT Service Desk, which we’re cooperating with on a daily basis. We also wanted to answer our colleague Siva Subramaniam’s call to action - “Help us make them smile. Donate now”. After some brainstorming we decided that the best way to help is to organize two days of various activities at our two Transcom sites in Poland (Olsztyn and Gdansk) which will help us to collect as much money for the Philippines as we can. The activities were organized in late November, and the plan of action was as follows:
- In both receptions big tape-measures were prepared that symbolized the distance in kilometers between Poland and Philippines. Every employee could buy 1 km with a specific number for 5PLN’s (1,60 USD). We then draw winners using the “lottery” numbers.
- In both HR departments employees could buy coffee and sweets,
- Training and Quality departments in both locations baked cakes and cookies which were sold for 3 PLN per piece (1 USD).
- Team Leaders s and Quality Checkers prepared and sold sandwiches
- All Business Managers were collecting money on their projects