The Operations Director is responsible for the general management of all Transcom Worldwide business units operating in his/her contact centres. This includes responsibility for all aspects of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures overall revenue per employee contributions are in line with or exceed TRANSCOM goals
- Ensures revenue contribution is measured for every direct individual and direct employee leaders at every level.
- Implement effective performance management procedures at individual and team level to address areas of weakness.
- Ensures efficiencies are accurately measured and reported.
- Ensures efficiency results are reported and reviewed on a 24-hour basis.
- Identify issues at earliest possible stage and escalate forecasted issues immediately with a summary of expected impact and actions taken to address
- Implementing/maintaining a standard TRANSCOM organisation structure and report any anomalies with justifications. Seek approval from Executives for any non-standard appointments.
- Taking client needs and commercial contribution into account for organisation plans and make sure that client objectives are met through appropriate appointments and organisational design.
- Initiate regular and proactive contact with clients
- Proactively seek to increase client revenue
- Seeks to introduce deep dependencies and mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Prepares meticulously for commercial negotiations in advance and ensure TRANSCOM risks and profit objectives are covered.
- Ensures revenue streams cover committed costs wherever possible.
- Ensures profitability is properly calculated prior to agreement and all costs (including capital investments) are accounted for.
- Develops agreements that incentivise client improvements in return for higher margins.
- Ensures all agreements are profitable and take account of “end of contract” exposures.
- Ensures minimum demand forecasting risks are taken by TRANSCOM and are manageable with appropriate commercial remedies.
- Develop and deliver accurate budgets and forecasts within defined corporate time scales.
- Ensures that demand forecasting is as accurate as possible and that resource deployed is matched effectively to demand.
- Considers employee impact of resource scheduling and avoid anti-social and undesirable shift patterns.
- Implements TRANSCOM standard practices.
- Uses technology and innovation to ensure demand spikes are managed as effectively as possible.
- Measures and report on customer experience in accordance with client’s objectives.
- Ensures all staff acts as ambassadors and salesmen/women of the company at all times.
- Ensures excellent and effective pre-sales support.
- Always meet or exceed commitments made to clients.
- Ensures efficient sales activity seeking to obtain TRANSCOM benefit whenever possible.
- Ensures that brand identity is accurately represented.
Process and Integrity
- Ensures that TRANSCOM standard procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Ensures that all revenues and costs are effectively tracked and properly accounted for.
- Continuously reviews procedures and implement improvements.
- Creates an open and energetic culture at every level in the organisation. Leads by example and establishes recognition from employees as a supportive, strong and credible leader
- Ensures that objectives are set for every member of the organisation in line with TRANSCOM values and business goals
- Implements clear and objective recognition procedures at every level in line with TRANSCOM group policy
- Implements personal development plans and effective performance management procedures for all employees
- Ensures site security and appropriate welfare and protection of employees
- Ensures a high level of morale and a sense of loyalty to TRANSCOM in each individual
- Implementing motivational activities such as team competitions and reward schemes
Key Metrics and Scorecard:
- Balanced Scorecard
- Supervisor Feedback
- Team Attrition
- Ops Feedback
Job Specifications (Qualifications, Skills and Experience)
- Hold a university degree or equivalent higher qualification
- At least 5 years of Operations experience in a multi-site, multi-client, BPO environment.
- Minimum 2 year experience as an Operations Director (or equivalent) responsible for multiple clients ranging from small-medium(10-300FTE) to large (2000+ FTE)
- Strong sense of personal stake and urgency in day to day management.
- Ability to forge positive, objective relationships with Operations and Support teams.
- Adapt, thrive and multitask in a demanding workplace while managing pressure, deadlines and conflicting and shifting priorities.
- Ability to foresee, dissect and fix problems using data-driven approach and common sense.
- Appetite for challenges; driving projects, improvement opportunities, maturity models
- Effectiveness in articulating and persuading different levels in the organization.
- Experience in creating compelling analysis, reports and slides for executives.
- Hands on experience in Operations of medium to large size clients.
- Must demonstrate perceptive, thorough and decisive approach to problem solving.
- Must be diplomatic and enterprising in resolving conflicts and disagreements.
- Ability to work independently and closely with the assigned campaigns.
- Resilient optimism and positive attitude is desired.
- Ability to motivate, retain and attract talent.
- Flexible with extending shifts when needed.
- Organizational Awareness
- People Leadership
- Customer Centric
- Goal Orientation
- Quality Orientation
- Analytics Thinking & Problem Solving
- Expertise Skills
- Generating Vision
What Life at Transcom is like
Transcom is a firm believer in putting people first. We have cultivated a culture of focusing on and caring for our employees, ensuring that they are provided with rewards, privileges, and amenities that are relevant, valuable, and easily available. We are highly driven by our "Malasakit" culture. Transcom, in its very core, is all about an inclusive team that is focused on people. It all comes down to setting the bar for dignity, equality, and respect. It means that each one takes part in proactively shaping, cultivating, and building the company we want to work and live in. This is why genuine concern is so vital to us.